Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 3

Today I found Atkins bars at the store. They are high-protein bars that have 1g sugar. I think these would be a good breakfast meal and I wouldn't have to wake up earlier in the morning to cook breakfast.
There are a lot of protein bars that are available, but most of them are usually high in sugar. Also, the ingredients used may not be the best option. It would always be better to eat real food but for those days when I need to wake up at 5:30am, I think I would much rather eat those bars.

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs with low-fat cheese

Lunch: Again at school, I made my own salad

Spinach salad with feta cheese, red bell peppers, grilled chicken in a low-fat Greek yogurt dressing.

Dinner:

Oven-baked chicken with spinach, ricotta cheese, zucchini and pesto.

Thoughts for the day? I think its doable. I know the first week is probably the worst. But I know it can be done. Just have to make sure to read food labels and make sure you don't eat more than 20g of carbs. My mood hasn't been affected yet. Not sure about next week though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment