Thursday, February 9, 2012

Salads

Today is Day 4, but I don't want every post to be about what I ate everyday. So today I thought I'd talk about what I think about salads. I like salads. Really, I honestly do. But I hate making them at home. I used to buy lettuce, spinach, peppers, veges and even bought a low-fat Italian dressing to make myself salads for dinner. Here's the thing. Lettuce and spinach don't last long. You need to eat that gigantic bag of leaves in like 3 or 4 days. You need to be eating salad every single day or every single meal. Of course people get bored! Who would eat the same salad every day?
Also, it is so expensive to get all those other little ingredients like corn, scallions, carrots, roasted butternut squash, grilled chicken, more peppers, carrots, flax seeds, feta cheese, blue cheese.... You can see that this list will just go on and on.

So as I said, I love salads. Just hate making them myself. And today I did go to this awesome salad bar and made myself a huge salad for dinner. It was so delicious with lots of feta cheese, spinach, garbanzo beans.

A great meal idea, just not everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment